The opening session of the 2016 Minds Online Conference, on Skill Expertise, and Attention, has begun! The talks in this session are:
- Keynote: “Longer, Smaller, Faster Stronger: on skills and intelligence“, by Ellen Fridland (King’s College London)
- “Do we reflect when performing skilful actions?”, by Juan Pablo Bermudez (Universidad Externado de Colombia)
- Commentators: Lieke Asma, Michael Brownstein, Joshua Shepherd
- “Guidance of visual attention” by Denis Buehler (Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México)
- Commentators: Peter Fazekas, Mark Fortney, Sebastian Watzl
- “Knowledge-how, abilities, and questions” by Joshua Habgood-Coote (University of St. Andrews)
- Commentators: Carlotta Pavese, Evan Riley, Jay Spitzley
- “Attention as selection for action: A Challenge” by Aaron Henry (University of Toronto)
- Commentators: Carolyn Dicey Jennings, Robyn Waller
This session will be open for comments until the end of the day on Friday, September 9.
Many thanks to Rachel Amoroso (Florida State University) for helping to organize it!