Proposals are welcome for the Second International Conference on Philosophy of Mind, which will be held at University of Minho, Braga (Portugal), on September 21-22, 2016.
We will focus on two main concepts of Philosophy of Mind, broadly considered: 1) Thought and 2) Perception.
Graduate students, junior researchers and senior scholars are welcome to submit their work.
- Prof. David Papineau (CUNY – Graduate Center)
- Prof. Tim Crane (University of Cambridge)
- Prof. Charles Travis (King’s College / University of Porto)
This conference will focus on two main concepts: Thought and Perception.
We invite submission for a 30 minute presentation (followed by 15 minute discussion). Topics of interest might include (but are not limited to):
- Nature of perception / thought
- Status of perceptual data
- How is perception related to the world?
- The problem of perception
- Theories of experience
- What is the structure of our thoughts?
- Nature of intentionality
- The objects of thought
- The contents of experience
- Other topics that fall under the general discussion.
An extended abstract of approximately 1000 words should be prepared for blind review and include a cover page with full name, institution, contact information and short bio. Files can be submitted in pdf or doc(x).
Proposals must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further queries can be directed to the same address.
Deadline for submissions: July 15, 2016.
Deadline for notification of acceptance: July 31, 2016.
- Manuel Curado (Universidade do Minho)
- Vitor Moura (Universidade do Minho)
- Carlos Luciano Coutinho (Universidade Federal de Uberlândia MG, Brasil)
- José António Alves (CEHUM, Universidade do Minho)
Organizing Committee: Raquel Pereira, Steven S. Gouveia, Dr. Manuel Curado. (University of Minho).