If you are a Brains contributor and wish to add a new post, the instructions for doing so are below. If you are not a Brains contributor and think you might want to be one, please fill out the “Inquiries” form at the bottom of this page (below “Instructions…”).
Instructions For Existing Contributors
- Log in to the system via https://philosophyofbrains.com/wp-admin/. Unless you changed it at some point, your username should be your last name followed by the first initial of your first name: thus Johnny Appleseed’s would be ‘appleseedj’. If you’ve forgotten your password, there should be a link to retrieve it.
- Once you’ve logged in, hold your mouse over the button on the left sidebar that says “Posts”, and then click “Add New”. This will take you to the content entry page.
- Make your post.
- Give your post a title.
- Enter your content. In line with the OUP and other academic presses, we recommend limiting posts to about 800 words.
- Select some appropriately identifying categories from the menu on the right.
- Contact us (below) if you have trouble.
- You can also add images, video, etc. If you want your post to display with a “Featured” image that will be located at the top of the post (including when it displays on the main page), choose “Set featured image” from the right sidebar, and follow the instructions from there.
- Images usually helps posts attract more attention.
- Do not use copyrighted images that require licenses—e.g., by using only images to which you have copyrights or else using images from databases of resusable images such as pexels.com, pixabay.com, etc.
- Image restrictions: 800-1500 pixels wide, JPEG format.
- Finally, click the blue “Publish” button to publish your post. (Alternatively, you can schedule the post in advance of its publication by changing the “Publish” date and time, which refers to Eastern Time).