If you are a Brains contributor and wish to add a new post, the instructions for doing so are below. If you are not a Brains contributor and think you might want to be one, please e-mail John Schwenkler: jlschwenkler at gmail dotcom.
- Log in to the system via http://philosophyofbrains.com/wp-admin/. Unless you changed it at some point, your username should be your last name followed by the first initial of your first name: thus mine would be ‘schwenklerj’. If you’ve forgotten your password, there should be a link to retrieve it.
- Once you’ve logged in, hold your mouse over the button on the left sidebar that says “Posts”, and then click “Add New”.
- This will take you to the content entry page. Give your post a title, enter your content, and select some appropriately identifying categories from the menu on the right. You can also add images, video, etc. — feel free to e-mail if you are having any difficulties with this.
- If you want your post to display with a “Featured” image that will be located at the top of the post (including when it displays on the main page), choose “Set featured image” from the right sidebar, and follow the instructions from there. This is a good way to get your post some extra attention; feel free to e-mail me if you want me to take care of it for you.
- Finally, click the blue “Publish” button to publish your post.
As ever, please get in touch if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks for your contributions!