Third PLM Conference
Philosophy of Language and Mind
Centre for the Study of Mind in Nature (CSMN)
University of Oslo
11-13 September 2015
Every two years PLM (see: https://langmind.eu/) organises a conference in the philosophy of language and philosophy of mind. The third PLM conference will take place at the CSMN in Oslo, 11-13 September 2015.
Key-note speakers will be:
- Herman Cappelen (Arche, St.Andrews and CSMN, Oslo)
- Kathrin Glüer (Stockholm University)
- Chris Gauker (University of Saltzburg)
- Michiel van Lambalgen (University of Amsterdam)
- Frederique de Vignemont (Institut Jean Nicod, Paris)
Call For Papers
The conference welcomes contributed papers in the areas of philosophy of language (widely construed, including philosophical logic) and philosophy of mind. Contributed papers will be allocated 40 minutes, including 10-15 minutes for discussion.
Submission of Abstracts
The organizers invite submissions of abstracts for presentation at the conference. Abstracts should be anonymous, not more than two pages of A4, and submitted as a .pdf file. Please attach the abstract to an email in the body of which you specify the name of the corresponding author, her/his affiliation, and the title of the talk.
Submissions should be send to 3rdPLMconference@gmail.com
Deadline: Friday, 3rd April 2015.
Results of the selection will be communicated no later than Monday, 8th June 2015.
Possible publication of papers:
Synthese has published a special issue with papers from the first conference (Volume 190, Issue 10, July 2013), and a special Synthese issue with papers from the second conference is forthcoming. A similar special issue of Synthese with papers from the third conference will be considered, to which a selected number of speakers will be asked to contribute.
PLM (Philosophy of Language and Mind)
PLM is a European network of centres, institutes and departments with a strong commitment to the philosophy of language and philosophy of mind (see https://langmind.eu/). PLM organises conferences, master classes and internal workshops. PLM was formed in 2010 and now has the following members (representative on the PLM committee given in brackets):
- Arché, St Andrews (Herman Cappelen)
- Department of Philosophy, CEU, Budapest (Hanoch Ben-Yami)
- CLLAM, Department of Philosophy, Stockholm University (Peter Pagin)
- CSMN, Oslo (Robyn Carston)
- ILCLI, University of the Basque County, San Sebastian (Kepa Korta)
- ILLC, Amsterdam (Paul Dekker)
- Institut Jean-Nicod, Paris (François Recanati)
- Institute of Philosophy II, Ruhr University Bochum (Markus Werning)
- Institute of Philosophy, University of London (Barry C. Smith)
- LanCog, University of Lisbon (João Branquinho)
- LOGOS, University of Barcelona (Marie Guillot)