The editors of the Brains blog, together with the Departments of Philosophy at Florida State University and the University of Houston, are pleased to announce that the third annual Minds Online conference will be held during the month of September, 2017. And we hope that you’ll submit, participate, and share this with interested philosophers and cognitive scientists.
Helen De Cruz | Oxford Brookes University
Bertram Gawronski | University of Texas, Austin
The conference will include two one-week sessions. Each paper will be accompanied by a short audio or audiovisual introduction, some invited commentaries, and a reply by the author. There will then be opportunity for open discussion between readers and authors.
The online conference has many advantages over the traditional conference — including increased exposure for presenters, higher quality papers, higher quality commenters, a more manageable pace during the comment period, less expense, and less travel-related frustration. For more details, see our discussion piece “The Future of Online Conferences in Philosophy”.
Call For Papers
The organizers especially encourage the submission of papers on the following topics:
- philosophy of mind (broadly construed)
- epistemology (as it relates to philosophy of mind)
- philosophy of action
- philosophy of cognitive science
- moral psychology
NB: Special consideration will be given to papers that engage with research in experimental disciplines such as psychology and neuroscience.
Submissions should adhere to the following guidelines:
- limit to approximately 3,500-7,500 words
- prepare for anonymous review
- describe with several keywords
- accompany with an abstract of no more than 500 words
- submit as .doc, .pdf, or .rtf (In order to be included in the program, authors will need to submit a .doc or .rtf version of their paper, so authors should plan accordingly.)
Submission deadline: March 15, 2017
Submission decisions: May
To submit your work, please visit https://philosophyofbrains.com/minds-online-submissions.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.
The PhilEvents page is here: https://philevents.org/event/show/29182
We look forward to your submissions, and hope you will participate in the event!