The Italian Society for Neuroethics is glad to announce the Call for Papers for the IX edition of the International Scientific Conference on Neuroethics and Fourth Conference of the Italian Society for Neuroethics (SINe)
Mind, Brain, and Body. A Neuroethical Perspective
Meetings on Neuroscience and Society, IX Edition
May 17th – 19th, 2017
University of Padua
Aula Cesare Musatti
School of Psychology, via Venezia 8
Keynote Speakers (among others)
- Ned Block (New York University)
- Jean-François Bonnefon (Toulouse School of Economics)
- Anna Borghi (University of Bologna)
- Alfredo Paternoster (University of Bergamo)
- Pietro Pietrini (IMT School for Advances Studies, Lucca)
- Edmund T. Rolls (Oxford Centre for Computational Neuroscience)
- Aaron Schurger (French National Institute for Health & Medical Research –INSERM)
- Giulio Tononi (University of Winsconsin, Madison)
Contributions from all subfields of neuroethics will be considered. However,
papers on the relations among mind, brain, and body, as well as on either of
these topics are particularly appreciated.
Contributions can be experimental, theoretical, analytical, or critical works.
Submission Guidelines and Attendance
Participants can only send one contribution as first authors, but they can
appear as second authors of other contributions.
Abstracts must be submitted through EasyChair
Any request of information should be sent to convegno@societadineuroetica.
Abstracts must be ready for blind review and should not exceed 300 words, plus 10 references records, which will not be considered in the words count.
Abstracts can be written either in Italian or in English, according to the language chosen for the paper. However, since the audience is often international, we encourage submissions in English.
Deadlines and Reviewing Process
The deadline for abstract submission is March 15th, 2017.
Notification of acceptance will be given by April 5th, 2017.
Abstracts will be subject to blind review. The Scientific Committee will be selected from members of the Italian Society for Neuroethics (https://societadineuroetica.
Accepted papers will have 25 minutes for presentation, plus 10 minutes for discussion.
Depending on the number of submissions, some papers could be considered for presentation as posters.
All authors of selected papers, if attending, will have to subscribe to the Conference.
Faculty members: 50 euros
Others (junior researchers and non-academics): 35 euros
Fee for one-day participation: 15 euros
The Conference Program will be available on the website of the Italian Society
for Neuroethics (https://societadineuroetica.
Scientific and Organizing Committee
- Andrea Lavazza, Centro Universitario Internazionale, Arezzo
- Giuseppe Sartori, University of Padua
- Michele Di Francesco, IUSS, Pavia (SINe President)
- Giulia Piredda, IUSS, Pavia
- Sarah Songhorian, Vita-Salute San Raffaele University, Milan
- Marco Viola, IUSS, Pavia
Sarah Songhorian, Università Vita-Salute San Raffaele, e-mail: email@example.com; convegno@societadineuroetica.
Merylin Monaro, University of Padua, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org