Proposals are welcome for the Third International Conference on Philosophy of Mind, which will be held at University of Minho, Braga (Portugal), on October 11-12, 2017.
The main theme of the Conference is “Minds, Brains and Consciousness”.
Graduate students, junior researchers and senior scholars are welcome to submit their work.
- Prof. Andy Clark (University of Edinburgh)
- Prof. Anil Seth (University of Sussex)
We invite submission for a 30 minute presentation (followed by 15 minute discussion). Topics of interest might include (but are not limited to):
- Consciousness and the Predictive Brain
- Embodied and Extended Perspectives on Conscious Experience
- Consciousness, Information Integration, and the Global Workspace
- Computational models of the Brain
- Consciousness and Social Cognition
- Neuroscience of Consciousness
- Bayesian approaches to the Brain
- Scientific Study of Consciousness
- Extended Mind and Cognition
- Neural Correlates of Consciousness
- Other topics that fall under the general discussion
An extended abstract of approximately 500-750 words should be prepared for blind review and include a cover page with full name, institution, contact information and short bio. Files should be submitted in doc(x) word.
Please indicate in the subject of the message the following structure:
“3rd Inter. Conf. First Name Last Name – title of abstract.”
We will have a modality for poster’s presentation. You should indicate explicitly for which modality you are submitting your abstract (paper or poster). Printed posters should be prepared to A0 portrait size: 84cm width x 120cm height.
As we have a limited space for conferences, some submissions submitted can be allocated to the poster session.
We intend to produce a collected volume based upon contributions to the conference.
Proposals must be sent to email@example.com. Further queries can be directed to the same address.
Deadline for submissions: April 23, 2017.
Deadline for notification of acceptance: May 14, 2017.
Organizing Committee: Diana Neiva, Steven S. Gouveia, Dr. Manuel Curado (University of Minho).