The Philosophy Graduate Student Association (PGSA) at Florida State University is now accepting paper submissions for its fourth annual graduate conference on free will, moral responsibility, and agency.
The conference will take place at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida on Friday and Saturday, September 18‐19, 2015.
This year’s keynote speakers will be:
- Angela Smith, Roger Mudd Professor of Ethics and Professor of Philosophy, Washington and Lee University
- Derk Pereboom, Susan Linn Sage Professor of Philosophy, Cornell University
Current graduate students interested in submitting high‐quality papers related to free will, moral responsibility, or the wider notion of agency should email their submissions to email@example.com. Papers addressing the relationship between scientific developments and free will are also welcome. Papers must meet the following criteria:
- Prepared for anonymous review
- No more than 4,000 words
- Suitable for 25‐minute presentation (to be followed by comments and Q&A)
Along with the paper, please also submit a cover page with the following information:
- Title of paper
- Abstract of 150‐250 words
- Word count
- Presenter’s name
- Institutional affiliation
- Contact information (email address and/or phone number)
The deadline for submissions is Friday, July 24. We will notify those whose papers have been accepted no later than Monday, August 3.
Please contact us with any questions about accessibility. Our goal is to make the conference accessible to all interested individuals.
For more information about the conference, please visit https://fsuphilconference.wordpress.com/. You may also email any questions to the conference organizers: Brett Castellanos (firstname.lastname@example.org), George Stamets (email@example.com), and Brad Stockdale (firstname.lastname@example.org).