Hi Brains! Please consider the exciting essay prize contest hosted by Bence Nanay at the University of Antwerp. Details below.
Ninth Annual Essay Prize at the Centre for Philosophical Psychology, University of Antwerp
- Topic: Neuroscience and philosophy.Eligibility: The Essay Prize is open to those who received their PhD after May 2012 or who are PhD students.
- Length: 3000 words. Single spaced!
- Deadline: December 1, 2020. Essays should be sent, suitable for anonymous refereeing, to nanay[at]berkeley.edu
- Prize money: 2,000 Euros. The author of the winning essay will be invited to give a presentation at a major workshop on mental representations some time in Spring 2021 (or later, depending on the pandemics) at the University of Antwerp.
- Previous winners of the essay prize include Ian Phillips, Manolo Martinez, Ben Young, Hong Yu Wong and Eric Mandelbaum, Ali Boyle and Jake Quilty-Dunn.
- Publication: We have an agreement with the Journal of Consciousness Studies that the author of the winning essay has the option to publish his or her paper in this Journal (if the author is interested – this is not a requirement in any way).